Cambridge College Summer School – 2016 Welcome Information
The Summer Boarding Courses team would like to extend a very warm welcome to parents and students, both old and new, to Cambridge College Summer School. We hope you are looking forward to joining us in 2016 for another fantastic summer filled with new and unforgettable experiences, friendships and memories!
The information and documents available in the below should cover all aspects of the summer programme and answer any questions you may have about staying with us at Cambridge College Summer School. If there’s anything else you would like to know, please do not hesitate to contact your Parent Liaison who will be based in our Head Office throughout the summer.
On this page you will find useful documents with all the information you will need for your son or daughter’s stay with us. Of course, we are always available by telephone or email if you have any questions at any time.
We have separated the information below into 3 useful sections: forms to be completed, helpful information for you before a student’s stay and information regarding what will happen during a student’s stay with us.
Please click on the documents below to find out more information.
Forms to be completed
- Transfer Information Form – If you require airport transfers for your son or daughter, please complete this form as soon as you have booked their flights. Please return this form to the SBC Office.
- Letter of Consent to Travel – This form must be completed by all parents of students who are flying to the UK without their parents. This form is to be kept with your son or daughters passport when they enter the UK.
Information for you before a student’s stay
- What to Bring – A useful guide of what clothes to bring, spending money and a note on valuable items.
- Insurance Summary – Details of the Insurance Policy which is included in the course price. Your son or daughter will be included on the SBC insurance policy unless you indicate to us that you do not require this.
- Arrival & Departures Procedures – Information on what happens at the airport for arrivals and departures, as well as a guide and directions for parents bringing students to the school.
- Places to stay – A list of suggestions for local hotels, should you wish to accompany your son or daughter to the UK or stay nearby the Summer School during their stay.
- Internet Code of Conduct – Information about our Internet Code of Conduct which your child must agree to in order to be granted access to the WiFi and any ICT equipment, this will be explained during induction.
Information for you regarding what happens during a student’s stay
- Welfare Guide – Information on welfare and caring for students, including what happens if your son or daughter is ill, if they are home sick or if there is a behavioural issue.
- The Typical Day – Information on what to expect from the first few days and a typical day; includes a sample weekly timetable.
- The Excursion Programme – Information on our fantastic excursion programme including our schedule of day trips during the summer.
- Course Rules – Our Course Rules, as agreed to in the Terms & Conditions at the point of booking.
- Complaints Procedure – Details of what to do should you wish to register a complaint.
- Keeping in Contact – Details of how to contact your son or daughter during his or her stay with Summer Boarding Courses, as well as guidelines on mobile phone and laptop use.