Oxford College Summer School – 2017 Welcome Information
Everyone at SBC would like to extend a very warm welcome to parents and students of Oxford College International Summer School both old and new.
We hope you are looking forward to joining us in 2017 for another fantastic summer filled with new academic challenges, friendships and memories!
Your Parent Liaison will be based in our Head Office throughout the summer, speaking to the college daily to ensure that students have an engaging, productive and enjoyable time with us at Oxford College. Of course, we are always available by telephone or email if you have any questions or require assistance at any time.
The information and documents below cover all aspects of the summer programme and answer any questions you may have about your child’s stay with SBC.
Forms to be completed:
- Medical Form – SBC require a completed Medical form for each student before their course start date.
- Transfer Information Form– Please let us know the details of your child’s flights using this form.
- Letter of Consent to Travel– This form must be completed by parents of students who are flying to the UK without their parents. Keep it with the student’s passport when they enter the UK.
Before a student’s stay:
- What to Bring– Clothes, spending money and a note on valuable items.
- Arrival & Departures Procedures– Covering SBC’s airport transfer procedures and directions for parents bringing students to the school.
- Places to stay– A summary of hotels near the school, should you wish to stay in the area.
- Internet Code of Conduct– Students must agree to Internet Code of Conduct in order to be granted access to the WiFi and any ICT equipment, this will be explained further during their induction at the college.
- Insurance Summary – Details of the Insurance Policy which is included in the Course Price.
During a student’s stay:
- Keeping in Contact– How to contact students during their stay, including guidelines on mobile phone and laptop use.
- Welfare Guide– How we care for students, including cases of illness, home sickness or if there is a behavioural issue.
- The Typical Day– What to expect from the first few days and a sample weekly timetable.
- The Excursion Programme– Sample of the day trips during the summer.
- Course Rules– Our Course Rules, as agreed to in the Terms & Conditions at the point of booking.
- Complaints Procedure– Details of what to do should you wish to register a complaint.