Oxford Preparation College – 2016 Welcome Information
The Summer Boarding Courses team would like to extend a very warm welcome to parents and students, both old and new, to the Oxford Preparation College.
The information and documents available in the Parent Welcome pack below should cover all aspects of the summer programme and answer any questions you may have about staying with us at the Oxford Preparation College. If there’s anything else you would like to know, please do not hesitate to contact your Parent Liaison who will be based in our Head Office throughout the summer.
On this page you will find useful documents with all the information you will need for this summer. Of course, we are always available by telephone or email if you have any questions at any time.
We have separated the information below into 3 useful sections: forms to be completed, helpful pre-summer information and information regarding what will happen during the summer. Please click on the documents below to find out more information.
Forms to be completed
- Airport Transfer Information Form – If our Airport Shuttle Service is required, please complete this form as soon as flights have been booked and then return this form to the SBC Office.
- Letter of Consent to Travel – This form must be completed by all parents of students under the age of 18 who are flying to the UK independently. This form is to be kept with the student’s passport when they enter the UK.
- What to Bring – A useful guide of what clothes to bring, spending money and a note on valuable items.
- Arrival & Departures Procedures – Information on what happens at the airport for arrivals and departures, as well as a guide and directions to the college.
- Places to stay – A list of suggestions for local hotels, should parents wish to accompany students to the UK or stay nearby the college during their stay.
- Insurance Summary – Details of the Insurance Policy included in the course price. Each student will be included on the SBC Insurance Policy unless we are informed that the student does not require this.
- Internet Code of Conduct – Information about our Internet Code of Conduct which your child must agree to in order to be granted access to the WiFi and any ICT equipment, this will be explained during induction.
Information about what happens during a student’s stay at the Oxford Preparation College
- Keeping in Contact – Details of how parents can contact their son or daughter during their stay with Summer Boarding Courses, as well as guidelines on mobile phone and laptop use.
- Welfare Guide – Information on welfare and caring for students, including information on what happens if a student is ill, if they are home sick or if there is a behavioural issue.
- The Typical Day – Information on what to expect from the first few days and a typical day; includes a sample weekly timetable.
- The Excursion Programme – Information on our fantastic excursion programme including our schedule of day trips during the summer.
- Course Rules – Our Course Rules, as agreed to in the Terms & Conditions at the point of booking.
- Complaints Procedure – Details of what to do should you wish to register a complaint.